- 90% of online shoppers find it helpful to be alerted when frequently purchased items go on sale.
- 72% are willing to receive more emails if they feature weekly sales, top sellers and new products.
- 84% of online consumers who signed up to receive promotional emails want emails to contain products relevant to their purchasing history.
- 69% are willing to share personal preference data in order to receive emails more relevant to them.
- Truly personalized communications motivate customers to provide increasingly deeper levels of information and increases their willingness to engage in interactions.
- If a consumer feels as though a company is making no effort to understand them, or is only using their information to sell them something, they perceive their marketing as being "value-less" and not worthy of their time.
- Develop highly targeted, engaging and relevant messaging that presents recipients with a reason to open and act.
- Use time sensitive offers. They create urgency to act.
- Integrate your email with other media touch points and events.
- Develop email messaging around consumer history, preferences, and purchases. When recipients get emails that truly "speak to them" engagement soars.
About the Author:
Ernan Roman Direct Marketing's Customer Experience strategies achieve consistent double-digit increases in response and revenue for their clients, which include IBM, MassMutual, QVC, Microsoft, and Symantec Corp.
As a leader in providing Voice of Customer research-based guidance, ERDM has conducted over 10,000 hours of interviews with their clients' customers and prospects, to gain an in-depth understanding of their expectations for high-value relationships.
The results achieved by ERDM's VoC-based strategies earned Ernan Roman induction into the Marketing Hall of Fame.
Visit his blog at: http://ernanroman.blogspot.com/